[mythtv-users] Sound issues still...

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 01:55:31 UTC 2009

I'm going to finally try and tackle the sound issue with my box currently he
volume is way to low.

I ran 'aplay -L' and this was the result:

*front:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC888 Analog
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC888 Analog
surround41:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC888 Analog
surround50:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC888 Analog
surround51:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC888 Analog
surround71:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC888 Analog
hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia
    HDMI Audio Output
null*

The board I'm using is an Zotac 8300 with HDMI, originally I wasn't able to
get the HDMI sound working but was curious if anyone had any successes with
this board or had some suggestions.

The board from what I can see does audio over HDMI and my TV is a Sammy
LNT4665 and I think it shouldn't have any problems with audio over HDMI but
I was only able to get Analog sound going.

Also, does Myth now support PulseAudio?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

A JM,