[mythtv-users] WANTED: A patch to restore the right arrow menu

William william_munson at comcast.net
Tue Nov 3 22:39:12 UTC 2009

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/03/2009 04:47 PM, William wrote:
>> I am looking for a patch to restore the right arrow key menu in the
>> recordings screen. I will happily kill the horizontal menu themes
>> since I only use mythbuntu or another standard theme. This lack of
>> feature is killing this version with me, the wife and my friends who
>> use mythtv. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> You really have a remote that can't handle the basic minimum buttons
> necessary for a useful DVR?
>
> Left
> Right
> Up
> Down
> SELECT (Space/Enter)
> MENU (M)
> INFO (I)
>
> Mike

Of course the remote can be bound to those buttons but then I would have
to unbind something else, not myth related like the blueray player menu.
This is what is bound to the info key right now. I suppose I can retrain
my family and redo the layout of the remote to have more than one device
page configured but right now, we can control everything without having
to push separate device  buttons to control the various parts of the
entertainment system.  This is why I desire to get back the right arrow
menu function back and the extremely low WAF right now. I know that my
needs are very niche and that less than 1% of the users here need the
feature so I am willing to do all the heavy lifting myself.

William