[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 21:20:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

Largely these seem fine, a couple of things from a UK user perspective
that may be as valid in the rest of the world. I have commented below
in the relevant section

> -Playback-
> Alternate clear and save bookmark (true)
> Clear bookmark on playback (true) (false once we have multiple bookmark support)
> Warn on no audio output (true)
> Start in group list (true)
> Use HW Acceleration for live recording preview (true)
> Generate preview image from a bookmark if possible (true)
> Time offset for thumbnail preview images (account for start early
> (currently accounts for preroll/flaglist/cutlist) and use some
> sensible default-- 180 seconds?  or percentage of duration?)
> Generate preview image remotely (true)
> Default group filter to apply (set when changed in the PBB)
> Always prompt for initial group filter (false)
> Start from Watch List view (false)
 - not sure what the above does!

> Seek to exact frame (true)
> Fast forward/rewind reposition amount (no idea, but this is WAY too
> fiddly - Whatever the default is now should be fine)
> Sticky Keys (if one wants this, just bind the alternate ffwd/rwd keys,
> which do it by default)
shouldnt the key mapping be updated to this as default?

> Skip blank frames after commercials (false?)
totall agree with this.

> Maximum commercial skip (3600, the default)
We tend to have less frequent longer advert breaks so a default of 5
minutes for max advert skip tends to be too short, however 6 minutes
is nearly always adequate in my experience.

Thanks And Regards,

Richard Morton

www.pidgin.im - MSN & Yahoo Messenger and many great features but
without adverts