[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 21:18:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello MythTV Community,

<snip>
> Date Formats by Locale?

This would be tricky.  Personally, I use YYYY-MM-DD DoW.  Some people
like the year to display, some don't.  Some like the Day-of-week to
show, some don't.

> Show group summary (no longer used)

Huh?  I still use it with metallurgy.  This is the setting that shows
the number of shows in the group, if in the group selector, right?

> Alternate clear and save bookmark (true)

As the long as the default is false, I am fine with this. ;-)

> Clear bookmark on playback (true) (false once we have multiple bookmark support)

What if I want to start watching a show in the same place every time?

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?