[mythtv-users] gentoo users... are 0.22 rc ebuilds (official) worth unmasking yet??

Tom Flair tom at graniteskies.net
Tue Nov 3 12:21:04 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 5:59 AM, allan <sonofzev at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Quick question to Gentoo users out there.
>
> Is it worth unmasking and installing the 0.22 rc ebuilds (considering I
> have 2 stable frontends and a stable backend).. or is it going to be
> better to wait??
>
> cheers
>
> Allan

The main ebuild built beautifully and without issue for me on three
machines.   The plugins required modifying the mythtv-plugins.eclass so that
it recognizes that the release candidate plugins are built with QT4.
Since the RC is just a temporary solution and the ebuilds are hard-masked
anyway, I didn't bother to file a bug against it.

Just make sure you follow the guide to "fix" the database prior to upgrading
though.