[mythtv-users] Which ubuntu repos following 0.22RC2?

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Mon Nov 2 15:39:09 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 2:12 AM, Daniel Di Giacomo <lists at dadigi.com> wrote:
>> Mythbuntu 9.10 comes with 0.22.
>> So you just have to upgrade.
>
> Are you saying RC2 is in the ubuntu packages? The web site resently
> says mythtv-frontend is as at 0.22.0+fixes22594-0ubuntu1
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/mythtv-frontend
>
> The RC2 announcement says:
>
> "During the 2 weeks since the release candidate 1 more than 50 commits
> went into the release-0-22-fixes branch. The branch is now frozen and
> only critical issues will be fixed before the final release. Please
> test the 0.22 Release Candidate 2 tarballs. If no new critical issues
> are reported 0.22 will be realeased next week. "
>
> So is RC2 just the same as 0.22-fixes at the time at which 0.22-fixes
> was frozen? Is fixes22594 the point at which it was frozen?

Yes, fixes22594 is the snapshot that Mythbuntu 9.10 decided to ship
with when Ubuntu RC time rolled around two weeks ago.  The MythTV
developers continued debugging some issues and have added more fixes
since then, hence the above announcement that they are offering RC2
source code, which I believe they hope will turn into 0.22 final.

Some time after 0.22 final goes out, the Mythbuntu plan is to issue an
formal update.  To stay within the formal Ubuntu process, that takes
some number of weeks.  I.e., it is considered an update to a released
product, so it has to be tested some and not just released blindly.
Note that this isn't to say that all other (non-myth source code) bugs
discovered since then will be fixed - that is a function of their
severity and complexity.

If you need the update more urgently, you can enable the non-official
(and not-tested-but-believed-to-be-just-fine-because-it-is-based-on-released-stuff)
releases by way of auto-builds:
http://www.mythbuntu.org/auto-builds

   Marc