[mythtv-users] mce usb remote on F11

Jeff Clemens teedub303 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 10:18:34 UTC 2009

Ok, so I finally had to update to F11 (after having run FC6 since it was
bran spankin new), since my cable company decided to do away with analog.
So went out and bought a nice shiny HVR-1600.  Got it set up and working,
but can't use the remote that shipped with it, since, for some messed up
reason, Hauppauge shipped a card with no remote input jack, with a remote.
All the documentation that came with the card shows a remote jack, that just
doesn't exist on the card that came in the box.
Luckily (or so I thought), I still have an old Media Center remote that I
used to use with the FC6 install.  But I can't seem to figure out how to get
it to work on F11.

The reciever shows up on lsusb as follows:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0471:0815 Philips eHome Infrared Receiver

lsmod looks like this:

lirc_mceusb                 14060   0
lirc_dev                       10660   1 lirc_mceusb

but I can't seem to get it to return anything when I run irw.

It's been so long since I set it up last time, it's hard to remember, but I
seem to think it needed mceusb2...

Thanks,

Jeff