[mythtv-users] Where do I choose 1080i?

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Mon Nov 2 06:35:18 UTC 2009

Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Ken Bass <kbass at kenbass.com> wrote:
>
>> Apparently my HVR-1950 (digital side) is recording in 720p. I want to test
>> 1080i. I just cant find where I select this. There was nothing under
>> recording profiles or in the mythtv-setup that I could find.
>>

> You don't have any control over the recording resolution of a digital
> recording.  You get what the broadcaster sends.

What led me down this path is that the Watch Recording shows a 720 icon
for all the shows. I am not seeing 1080 even though CBS, WETA, etc
broadcast in 1080.

I also noticed while testing this that manual record in mythweb seems to
ignore the preferred input in 0.22RC1. All tuners were free, I selected
tuner 5, but it recorded on 1. That is why I was always getting 720p
since it was not manually recording from my selected input.