[mythtv-users] Karmic, PVR150 blasting, etc..

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Nov 2 04:11:10 UTC 2009

On Nov 1, 2009, at 7:51 PM, David Herman wrote:

> So.. It seems that the ubuntu maintainers chose to depreciate out
> lirc_pvr150.

Sad that it was simply dropped instead of fixed. Or that they never
even asked on the lirc list about a fix. Or even asked me directly. Or
did anything at all other than just drop it. Especially given that I
had this fixed (in lirc_zilog) about two months ago now.

http://git.wilsonet.com//linux-2.6-lirc.git?a=commitdiff;h=bba8f7502a836d3fac3a83ee683f30b71999890a

> http://wiki.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8210307
>
> For the last few days a team of people have been working on patching
> things to bring back this funciton...

Wait, it took "a team of people" to s/lirc_pvr150/lirc_zilog/ in the
old lirc_pvr150 patch, and replace lirc_pvr150.c with lirc_zilog.c?
I'm sorry, but that's comical. Par for the course...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com