[mythtv-users] Karmic, PVR150 blasting, etc..

David Herman dherman516 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 00:51:07 UTC 2009

So.. It seems that the ubuntu maintainers chose to depreciate out
lirc_pvr150.

http://wiki.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8210307

For the last few days a team of people have been working on patching things
to bring back this funciton...
Here is the solution...

Setting up the IR Blaster Under Karmic -- LIRC_PVR150 has been depreciated.
It has been replaced by lirc_zilog (not part of the distribution)

Here is how you add it:

wget http://www.skynet.ie/~shabba/zilog.diff

sudo apt-get install lirc-modules-source

cd /usr/src/lirc-0.8.6

sudo patch -p0 < ~/zilog.diff

sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source

Modify your /etc/lirc/hardware.conf

MODULES="lirc_zilog"

re-initialize everything and you should be good to go  -- although I did
have a little issue with the dishnetwork id's in my lircd.conf. I had to
patch lirc's daemons/config_file.c to allow the longer id's for the
dishnetwork remotes... I used the file my .85 patched lirc source. It
compiled in just fine in the newer one's place

Don't forget the firmware:
http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/...ir-blaster.bin in /lib/firmware

--
--Dave