[mythtv-users] Problem tuning to channels within ARQ A+B Freeview multiplexes

Drew Gilbert gilbert.drew at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 22:49:30 UTC 2009

Gordon McCrae wrote:
> Just came back to my system and discovered that for the last two weeks
> it's had a problem tuning channels within the ARQ A and ARQ B Freeview
> multiplexes.
>
> All other Freeview Multiplexes are fine.
>
> I've tried removing all channels and retuning from scratch without
> success, which is the only solution I've found posted on the internet to
> resolve similar issues.
>
> I'm running OpenSuSE 11.1 with MythTV 0.21 (Mythbackend 0.21.20080304-1)
> from latest RPMs.
>
> When trying to tune to problem channels (e.g. ITV4 etc.) I get a signal
> of around 5%, and no lock.
>
> Prior to two weeks ago I have recordings from these channels that tuned
> without problem. No updates have been made to the system in that time,
> so I'm a little lost as to what could be causing it.
>
> I've also verified with a standalone Freeview box + TV that I can in
> fact tune these channels outwith MythTV.
>
> Anyone else seen similar issues?

Since you've mentioned it, I've been missing muxes  C+D (Dave, Sky 3
etc) recently with similar symptoms but I figured it was my own fault
since I've been messing about with the DB a lot recently.  I have no
problems tuning into the missing channels using Kaffeine.  I'm planning
a move to 0.22 quite soon so haven't spent too much time trying to
figure it out.