[mythtv-users] Issue with Multirec and DVB-S?

Ben Lancaster mail at benlancaster.co.uk
Sun Nov 1 22:47:42 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I'm currently recording something on an HVR-4000 hybrid card using the
DVB-S tuner on ITV HD. When I launched Live TV, it started on BBC HD.
I thought this was a little strange as I only have a single DVB-S
tuner, and didn't realise that ITV HD or BBC HD were on the same
multiplex (if DVB-S even has multiplexes?), so I'd have expected
MythTV to switch to one of the DVB-T tuners on another card. I flicked
around a few other DVB-S channels and noticed that they were all
playing fine. So, I went in to my recordings and started watching the
DVB-S recording on ITV HD to find that the recording stopped working
at around the point I'd switched to Live TV - mythbackend still says
it's recording ITV HD (and it's still flagged as "currently recording"
in Watch Recordings) but it's impossible to play past the point that I
started watching Live TV, and the total time counter doesn't increase.
None of my other tuners were active at the time, only the DVB-S one.

Here's what mythfrontend logs at the point that it reaches the "end"
of the show that should be recording:

2009-11-01 22:42:42.911 NVP(i): prebuffering pause
2009-11-01 22:42:43.152 [h264_vdpau @ 0xb6c2d7c0]missing picture in
access unit
2009-11-01 22:42:43.152 [ac3 @ 0xb6c2d7c0]incomplete frame
2009-11-01 22:42:43.152 [ac3 @ 0xb6c2d7c0]invalid frame size
2009-11-01 22:42:43.170 [h264_vdpau @ 0xb6c2d7c0]missing picture in
access unit
2009-11-01 22:42:43.191 ~OpenGLVideoSync() -- closing opengl vsync
2009-11-01 22:42:43.305 Marking recording as unwatched
2009-11-01 22:42:43.305 TV: Attempting to change from Watching
WatchingRecording to None
2009-11-01 22:42:43.306 TV: Changing from Watching WatchingRecording
to None
2009-11-01 22:42:43.327 TV: Attempting to change from None to None

Is this a bug that needs reporting, or an issue with my setup? I do
have multirec set up on the DVB-S tuner, it looks like I probably
shouldn't, but surely MythTV shouldn't have allowed me to have
multirec setup on an input that doesn't support it?

Ben