[mythtv-users] Video files start playing then freeze [NOT EXACTLY SOLVED]

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Sun Nov 1 03:22:14 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Dave M G <martin at autotelic.com> wrote:

> Travis,
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
> I haven't exactly solved the issue, but I've worked around it.
>
> First, I found that I could play video in Mplayer outside of MythTV, so
> it seems the problem is with MythTV + Mplayer.
>
> I ran mythfrontend from the command line, and that way caught some error
> messages. There was something about PulseAudio having a bug that causes
> pausing in Media Player.
>
> I looked it up on the web, and it seemed like it was it supposed to be
> fixed, but I guess not in my case.
>
> I also found out that I could change the default media player, and I
> selected to use "Internal".

Interesting. I've been noticing pauses when the server gets loaded even a
little. Is there a way to increase the buffer size for the internal player?
The media is streamed over NFS. Increasing the buffer size for mplayer
helped a lot in the past. The network is gigabit, the server is quite fast,
and the frontends are quick with enough RAM for a large buffer.