[mythtv-users] Myth experiences with Zotac ION + ATOM mobo

Ramon Redondo malinon at gmail.com
Sat May 30 15:20:57 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Glen Dragon <gdragon at jetcom.org> wrote:

> Okay... Here's what i played with tonight...
>
>    - HDMI video works. Not surprising.
>    - I got HDMI audio to work for the analog stuff. AAC in this case.
>    Couldn't figure out why ac-3 did not pass through as would be expected.  I'm
>    sure it can be made to work.. i just don't have the need/use case, since my
>    receiver doesn't have hdmi switching.. and it seems silly to pipe the audio
>    into the tv, just to pipe it back out.
>
> Just to clarify in my head, you passed HDMI audio directly to your receiver
from your analog content?

As as as piping audio through the TV back to the receiver... that would
actually be my use case.  My TV has 3 HDMI inputs, and is connected
optically to my receiver.  All content gets fed through the TV.  My audio
system is actually a Sony 5-disc DVD changer, which only has two digital
audio inputs, 1 optical (from the TV) and 1 unused coaxial.  It connects to
the TV with HDMI.  So in my case, it wouldn't be silly.

I'm curious as to how the single core and NV 9400 will do de-interlacing
1080i content.  I understand that Advance 2X doesn't work with the 9400...
will 1X be good enough?

I'd also be very interested if anyone picks up the dual-core version of this
thing to understand the noise  .