[mythtv-users] Myth experiences with Zotac ION + ATOM mobo

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat May 30 14:58:30 UTC 2009

On Friday 29 May 2009 12:23:56 Jim Morton wrote:
> Matt Beadon wrote:
> >  For those dreaming of an ION:  *Twit to Win an ION*
> >  http://www.nvispamlinkdia.com/object/sff_ion.html
> > <http://www.nvidia.com/object/sff_ion.html>
> >
> > Personally I'd rather pay for it then [be a] twit but your mileage may
> > vary.  :-)
>
> This is lower than an inchworm on a subway track!
> You have  to spam for them as your entry into their contest... What
> respect I had for Nvidia is now gone.

All of the so-called social networking sites are stooping to new lows in
trying to garner users and interest.

Twitter seems to be the worst of the lot at this. Just try watching the "News"
on CNN for more than 10 minutes without something about Twitter being
mentioned. Of course the fact that twitter is Time Warner probably has
something to do with this.

Since a lot of nVidia's customers are adolescent gamers, or at least nVidia
perceives them to be, this probably explains this latest Twitter promotion.

I agree with Matt, this promotion will backfire with me. If I had alternatives
I would refuse to buy their products, and let them know why. Insulting the
intelligence of your potential customers is generally not a good marketing
technique.

But us Mythers are probably not perceived as a customer group worth going
after. They are going after the Twits.

--
beww
beww at beww.org