[mythtv-users] Surewest KC QAM + HDHomeRun

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri May 29 18:07:51 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > What tables should/would i be looking at for when i have time to play
> > copying over?
> >

> At least channel and dtv_multiplex and possibly others beyond that,
> but I don't want to guarantee anything as I strongly recommend against
> trying to do this in a production setup-- I also don't want people
> searching the archives and assuming that this kind of thing is an okay
> thing to do.  I would wait, personally.
>
> Robert

Robert,

After doing some good backups. I booted a MythTV LiveCD and just like you
said the scanner worked.  I then saved the db to a thumbdrive and after
about 30 min of tinkering i was able to get a channel of QAM to work.  Like
you said it was all in channel and dtv_multiplex.

Hopefully all is well with the db and i wont hit a crunch a few months from
now when I upgrade versions!

Thanks,

--
Mitchell