[mythtv-users] How to disable AutoExpire

michael hupp mh.lightning9 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 14:14:59 UTC 2009

Well, I wouldn't say I am absolutely sure I know what I am doing...at least,
not yet. I know what I am doing in the sense that I am a CS with many years
of experience but last night was the first time I ever looked at the
mythbackend code.

I started poking around and commented out the ExpireLiveTV call. That helped
a lot. I also was able to increase my expire freq to 720 minutes but there
are still UpdateDontExpireSet() calls going on much more frequently.
Coincidentally, while in the shower this morning, I was thinking I would
start looking through the code to see if there is a switch to disable the
AutoExire object all together and then saw your reply.

As for the rest of you cautions...understood. This is definitely not a
production environment and I am absolutely sure I know I don't have a
capture card in my Kurobox. Therefore, I can't possibly record anything so I
couldn't possibly need to ever expire anything. I will try the
--noautoexpire switch and let you know if I get any null pointer exceptions.

Thanks!
Michael