[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode activity flag

William william_munson at comcast.net
Fri May 29 10:03:43 UTC 2009

On 05/29/2009 04:27 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> I use the 'lossless' mythtranscode to apply cutlists to recordings
> from dvb-t.  I activate it from the frontend 'watch recordings' screen
> in 'job options'.  I'm running 0.21 fixes on fc10.
>
> Sometimes - I don't know why - transcoding fails to start, but the
> only option then offered is 'stop transcoding', which then has no
> effect; this means that the transcode command can't be re-entered.
>
> Using mythtranscode from the command line works but still doesn't
> reset this flag.  Is there a simple way to do it?

I am also seeing the same problem with commflagging, it starts then dies
leaving myth thinking that its still running. Clicking buttons in myth
does nothing. So far the only thing I have found that works is to run
the job from cron with the process all unflagged option. I start the job
at 10 after the hour every hour.