[mythtv-users] nVidia drivers 185.18.14 now out, ubuntu mythtv packages update ...

William william_munson at comcast.net
Fri May 29 09:57:02 UTC 2009

On 05/28/2009 08:51 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/5/29 William<william_munson at comcast.net>:
>
>> apt-get -s install nvidia-glx-185
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> The following extra packages will be installed:
>>   libcucul0 libmyth-0.21-0 mplayer nvidia-185-kernel-source
>>   nvidia-185-libvdpau
>> Suggested packages:
>>   mplayer-doc ladspa-sdk
>> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>>   mythbuntu-desktop nvidia-180-kernel-source nvidia-180-libvdpau
>>   nvidia-glx-180 xorg xserver-xorg xserver-xorg-core xserver-xorg-input-all
>>   xserver-xorg-input-evdev xserver-xorg-input-kbd xserver-xorg-input-mouse
>>   xserver-xorg-input-synaptics xserver-xorg-input-wacom
>> xserver-xorg-video-all
>>
> i'mpretty sure you aren't using the right repository

I am following your directions to the letter and using the release and
testing repos although the only testing repo I could see was the one for
Intrepid. Right now I am pretty happy with the performance of the 180
series driver so I might just wait until the 185 drivers make it into
Release before upgrading. I am somewhat surprised that nobody else has
reported (either way) on an upgrade.