[mythtv-users] How to disable AutoExpire

michael hupp mh.lightning9 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 01:11:14 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I have mythtv-backend from the latest mythtv-release-0-21-fixes (revision
20650) compiled and running on my Kurobox Pro.

I don't have (or want) any capture cards installed since I don't want to
record anything. I only use my frontend to watch other content. Therefore, I
only use the backend to the configuration data for my two frontends.

The backend is running fine and I already figured out how to back off the
JobQueue frequency but I cannot figure out how to keep the AutoExpire
process from running every minute. Everything I read (and I have read a lot)
says AutoExpire should run every 10 or 15 minutes.

I looked at this link:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Detailed_configuration_Frontend#Global_Auto_Expire_Settings

but my frontend doesn't have this page. Must be an outdate version???

Anyhoo, can anybody out there please tell me how I can disable (or at least
back off the frequency of) the AutoExpire process?

Thanks,
lightning9

PS. I also tried installing the armel version of the backend from "deb
http://www.debian-multimedia.org stable main" but it has the same issue.