[mythtv-users] FE replacement recommendations

Alan Marchiori alan at alanmarian.com
Thu May 28 17:38:44 UTC 2009

Hello,

I haven't been following the latest hardware news because my myth
systems have been working flawlessly for the past year or so (thanks
to everyone involved in making Myth work).  Until the master be/fe box
died last night. I suspect the motherboard (random reboots, stable for
less than 1 minute at a time). It was running a amd 64 socket 939
processor and I can't find a good replacement 939 motherboard.  So, it
looks like I have to upgrade to AM2 and buy a cheap amd x2 proc.

I'm looking for motherboard recommendations here are my requirements:

 - < $100 cost (MB+CPU)
 - Micro ATX form factor
 - DDR2 DIMMS (will use the old ram)
 - Coax spdif output (ok if I have to build a connector as long as it
is available on the MB)
 - Component HD output (I have an old plasma screen, no digital
inputs!, I have a component adapter card for the geforce 6150 chipset
from the old MB, so again if it is available on the MB I should be
able to adapt the connector if needed)

The last 2 points are hard to figure out from the posted specs, so I'm
hoping someone out there has a similar configuration and can tell me
what MB they use.

Obviously it would be nice if it works out of the box with no driver
issues, etc...

Thanks for your help