[mythtv-users] More on Audio over HDMI, Volume Control and AC3 Passthrough

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Thu May 28 03:25:30 UTC 2009

Further to my testing over the weekend, I tried what
Jean-Yves suggested and removed my /etc/asound.conf
altgother (don't have a .asoundrc) and it made no
difference.

When I use ALSA:Default for the device sound and vol control
still works, but Pass through does not. AC3 & DTS sound just
comes through as static.

If I use (from memory) plughw:0,1, sound works, though
Volume control doesn't. Pass through still does not work.

So to summerise:
- Passthrough does not work with any combination of device
I've tried
- Sound & Vol Control works with ALSA:Default
- Sound works with plughw:0,1, Volume control does not

Lindsay Mathieson
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blackpaw1/album