[mythtv-users] VDPAU on CentOS 5 - Anybody?

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Wed May 27 21:35:13 UTC 2009

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> says:
>
>> One thing you may try is compiling mplayer from nvnews and testing
>> VDPAU from there.  This will allow you to see if its a driver issue
>> or a myth issue.
>>

> Good point about using mplayer to tet VDPAU. Don't forget to use
> appropriate -vo and -vc flags, or put the following into
> /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf:
>
> vo=vdpau,
> vc=ffmpeg12vdpau,ffvc1vdpau,ffh264vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,
>
> The current ATrpms mplayer is VDPAU-aware.

So I took this advice and made this change to /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf.
I have mplayer from ATrpms installed. The following is my output from
that command:
----------------------------
[mythtv at mythtv show_names]$ mplayer NCIS\ -\ 2009-05-11\,\ 6-00\ PM\ -\
Bury\ Your\ Dead.mpg
MPlayer SVN-r29189-snapshot-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer
Team
137 audio & 296 video
codecs
Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0: No such file or
directory
Can't init input
joystick

Playing NCIS - 2009-05-11, 6-00 PM - Bury Your Dead.mpg.
MPEG-PS file format detected.
VIDEO:  MPEG2  480x480  (aspect 2)  29.970 fps  6000.0 kbps (750.0 kbyte/s)
Forced video codec: ffmpeg12vdpau
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Unsupported PixelFormat -1
Selected video codec: [ffmpeg12vdpau] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-1/2 (VDPAU))
Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 384.0 kbit/25.00% (ratio: 48000->192000)
Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm: mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)
AO: [alsa] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Starting playback...
[VD_FFMPEG] XVMC-accelerated MPEG-2.
VDec: vo config request - 480 x 480 (preferred colorspace: MPEG2 VDPAU
acceleration)
VDec: using MPEG2 VDPAU acceleration as output csp (no
1)
Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie
aspect.
VO: [vdpau] 480x480 => 640x480 MPEG2 VDPAU
acceleration
[vdpau] Failed creating VDPAU decoder: A catch-all error, used when no
other error code applies.
FATAL: Cannot initialize video
driver.
[mpegvideo_vdpau @ 0x8971b80]get_buffer() failed (-1 0 0
(nil))
Error while decoding
frame!

FATAL: Could not initialize video filters (-vf) or video output (-vo).

Exiting... (End of file)
[mythtv at mythtv show_names]$ su -

(BTW, I also posted this error to the ATrpms user list).

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us

This message is digitally signed with GnuPG using the Enigmail Thunderbird plugin.
My public key: http://jacob.steenhagen.us/gpgkey.asc (91DE47A9)