[mythtv-users] Multiple lineups with hdhomerun

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Wed May 27 15:27:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Fa <fayoeu at gmail.com> wrote:
> To clarify, the "HD broadcast" channels are coming over the cable line not
> using an antenna.

I don't know of a way to have two schedules per tuner. Might be, but I
don't know it.

You are saying that "HD Broadcast" is your local OTA channels that are
sent via cable?

Then, there really is no difference capturing the signals. Perhaps you
are saying that the lineup (say, from SchedulesDirect) lists your
cable channels, but the local HD channels are not listed. They should
be listed, though.

Or, you may be asking how to obtain channels that are not on the list,
but you've found them doing a scan and would like to include them? If
so, there are a couple of ways to do this. There are quite a few
threads here about that. If you are using Comcast, you might search
for "scte65scan" a utility that scans for channels on Comcast cable
(might work for other cables too.) Another way is the brute force way.
You scan and find channels that are not listed. You can add the XMLID
to the channel by hand. There are threads about this as well.

First, maybe we could see if I hit any thing above of what you are
asking. If I missed it, can you rephrase and maybe I'll get it next
time around ;-)

> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Fa <fayoeu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi all,  I want to be able to use my hdhomerun to record both digital
>> > cable
>> > channels AND HD broadcast.  I am using the comcast cable provider.
>> > Currently I have the tuner associated with the  "HD broadcast (OTA)"
>> > videosource, losing all the non-hd digital cable channels.  I know that
>> > in
>> > mythtv-setup I can associate it with a "digital cable" lineup and it
>> > will
>> > give me the digital cable lineup, but then I'll lose my HD channels.
>> > How
>> > can I have both lineups associated with the same tuner??  I hope that I
>> > am
>> > missing something very obvious and I don't need to manually alter the
>> > DB.
>> >
>> > I followed the instructions here to setup the hdhomerun inside of myth:
>> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HDHomeRun
>> >
>> > In particular, "Create a channel lineup and enable/disable channels
>> > based on
>> > channels listed in the Channel Editor in mythtv-setup. Note that MythTV
>> > uses
>> > the ATSC channel numbering as specified in the transport stream, not the
>> > remapped cable channel numbering so you will need to select OTA/Antenna
>> > as
>> > the source in Zap2it."
>>
>> you can't have ATSC and Cable on the same tuner. But, since HDHR has
>> two tuners, each of those should be specified in mythtv-setup. Set one
>> of the tuners to ATSC the other to Cable.
>>

>> --
>> Brad Fuller

Brad Fuller