[mythtv-users] Myth experiences with Zotac ION + ATOM mobo

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed May 27 13:44:22 UTC 2009

Glen Dragon <gdragon at jetcom.org> says:
> I paid US$169 .  i'm sure that i paid some early adopter tax, but
> that's part of the game.  Not bad for the whole system with board +
> ram + case for less than US$250.

For someone like me who prefers to buy his computers preassembled,
what's of greater interest is that the Aleutia Hotel PC mentioned
elsewhere, using (as you mentioned) the same case, motherboard, and
single-core processor, is only US$299 + $15 shipping.

I'm not in the market for a new frontend; thanks to VDPAU my current
one is working better than ever, actually. This, though, is the first
Ion configuration with the features I'd want--discrete S/PDIF and DVI
outputs (since I don't use HDMI)--at the right price point.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array