[mythtv-users] lirc problems with new Fedora 10 install

Kenan Ezal SBMythTV at cox.net
Wed May 27 11:35:57 UTC 2009

Hello,

I just installed a new Fedora 10 machine which is supposed to be a slave
backend.

I'm having some serious difficulties getting the IR remote of my PVR-350 to
work.
After I figured out that the lirc kernel modules were no longer necessary,
I installed lirc and gnome-lirc-properties and lirc-devices using yum.

lirc: 0.8.4a
kernel: 2.6.27.24-170.2.68.fc10.i686

I'm using the same lircd.conf and lircrc files as my other system which
also uses the same remote (and PVR-250). I've also tried a few other
versions of lircd.conf for the A415-HPG remote. (The PVR-250 and 350 used
to be on this very same machine using the same remote.)

I'm pretty sure my hardware is working since
mode2 --raw
allows me to punch some buttons and get a response. irw on the other hand
just sits there without any response (same with Myth).

My rc.local is setup to
modprobe lirc_i2c

I've tried several different configurations for my modprobe.conf file with
and without
aliases char-major-61 lirc_i2c

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/BetterLIRCSupport

The above seems to imply that this should be as simple as loading lirc_i2c,
yet I have not found it simple. And it certainly didn't Just Work.

The lircd daemon is running and lirc_i2c has been loaded.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed?

Oh, the gnome-lirc-properties application also doesn't seem to acknowledge
my remote, even though it has two Hauppauge options.

Thanks!

-Kenan