[mythtv-users] VDPAU on CentOS 5 - Anybody?

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Wed May 27 11:27:13 UTC 2009

Ian Forde wrote:
> >From the error messages, I'd look into the permissions on /dev/snd/* and
> ensure that the myth user has access to the contents.  It looks like
> there's a sound problem, evidenced from the "Invalid CTL /dev/mixer" and
> "AudioOutput Warning: Mixer attach error -2: No such file or directory
> Check Mixer Name in Setup: '/dev/mixer'"

I saw that /dev/mixer error but didn't think it was related and was
going to worry about it later. If I play an SD recording on one of the
standard playback profiles, it works with sound while still giving the
/dev/mixer error. Unfortunately, SD is all my proc can handle w/out
assistance from the video card (hence why I'm trying to get VDPAU
working). I can play an HD show, but the video does a little stuttering.
Though, again, sound works. It's only when I try to enable VDPAU that I
get the lock-up.

I think I'm gonna try Fedora 10, which has the newer kernel, and see
what happens there. I'm running out of time before I have to be out of
town for a couple weeks, so if I can't get this solved soon I'm gonna
need to punt and try again later :(.

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us

This message is digitally signed with GnuPG using the Enigmail Thunderbird plugin.
My public key: http://jacob.steenhagen.us/gpgkey.asc (91DE47A9)