[mythtv-users] HD-PVR

Steve Reilly sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Tue May 26 22:20:17 UTC 2009

greg wrote:

>> I have TW in the Albany,NY area...They have fire wire turned on
>> here...You can get them to turn it on,but you have to be
>> persistant...It's the law...Don't call on the phone go to your local
>> service center...

i dont know maybe ill try again. i remember about 6 months ago i was
playing email tag with tech support, they kept escalating me to others
and the last response i got was something like....... "firewire is
turned off for customer use", and they copied and pasted the same fcc
regs i sent to them back to me, that they had the right to encrypt (5c i
think?) and they either didnt want to do it or couldnt do it at that
point i cant remember exactly which.  i  just wanted to screw with it
and see if it worked but i could never get anything out of plugreport
from either port on the box so i assumed it was off. im in norwich by
the way, and thanks for your input.

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com