[mythtv-users] xbmc mythbox thoughts

Stackpole, Chris CStackpole at barbnet.com
Tue May 26 18:55:43 UTC 2009

Um. OK. I may be confusing things. ~3 years ago I softmodded my xbox.
When I started experimenting with using MythTV ~2yrs ago, I could not
get the xbox to play the mythtv recordings with any reliability. It had
a horrible WAF rating. I was telling stories of this to another group
and they told me that XBMC was now available for PC's based on Ubuntu
and not just for the xbox. It was this suggestion to try 9.04 (which I
am toying with on a spare PC).

After a quick Google search it appears that MythBox is different from
the old python scripts plugin that is available on the older xbox
version of XBMC. So my experience of myth frontend on XBMC is apparently
with different software. My apologies, I didn't quite realize they were
two separate projects as I thought one grew from the other.

So far I like XBMC on the PC. It is much snappier then the xbox version
and I like the ability to do high def. I don't have MythBox running on
the PC build of XBMC yet but that is planned (just trying to get time to
do it).

Have fun!
~Stack~