[mythtv-users] Choppy video

Matthew Keefe learningtehlinux at gmail.com
Tue May 26 01:02:14 UTC 2009

Apologies if this has been addressed, but I've been at this installation for
hours now, and the endless stream of forum postings is all looking the same.

I finally managed to get video and audio out of my current mythtv setup.  I
am using the following

Pentium 4 2.8
2G ram
ASUS EN9400GT with 1gig ddr2
a dvico fusionhdtv5 rt gold card
motherboard ich6 sound
Ubuntu Jaunty

Video and audio start up fine after a few seconds, but then stutter every
few seconds (for buffer to fill again?).  When this happens sound and video
stop.  Audio seems fine when the tv is 'playing' but the video is
consistantly pixelated/mutilated.

Pointers welcome.  Will post any error logs you think might help so long as
you point me in the right direction.  Not only is Mythtv new to me, Linux is
still fresh so I find I don't always know the implied commands, etc. I'm a
quick learner though :)

Thanks guys!

--