[mythtv-users] New release of scte65scan (mainly for Comcast users)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon May 25 00:31:01 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Michael Rice <mikerice1969 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> At least for me the clear HD channels are not included in this scan.
>> So after the process above we'd need to add back the HD channels.  Is
>> that correct or am I missing something?
>
> Did you use the -p option and a tuning file?  Comcast signals stuff
> available OTA as ATSC/PSIP, usually.  If you don't use both the -p
> option and a tuning file (see my command line above), you probably
> won't get your HD channels.
>
> Robert

One other thing is a possibility. If Michael meant that they don't
show up in the program guide within Myth, then he needs to edit the
sql file before modifying the mythconverg database to make the channel
numbers match up with what they are at Schedules Direct. Here I had to
change "2.1" to "702", etc. Both are KTVU-HD, but the first time data
comes in and Myth tries to match up the xmlid, it's going do do it but
the digital channel number, not the PSIP number.

Worked for me, and thanks to Deniis for helping with that.

Cheers,
Mark