[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase stopped running - how do I diagnose the problem?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat May 23 01:17:55 UTC 2009

On Friday 22 May 2009 18:57:09 Greg Mitchell wrote:
> I've been running Myth for a long time, and this is a new one to me.  I
> had an unscheduled power outage that outlasted my ups.  When the system
> came back up, it thought it was several weeks in the future.  I set the
> system clock properly, got ntp going etc.

Sorry I don't know the solution to your problem, but:

The usual way to set up a UPS is to have the machine shut down gracefully when
your battery life is down to a pre-set level.

I have mine set up to shutdown when 5 minutes of battery are remaining.

This is with an APC unit, using the apcupsd program. I'd guess there are
similar solutions for other manufacturer's products.

One thing to keep in mind, if the communication between the UPS and the
computer is via the network, make sure any switches, routers etc. are running
on UPS power. I got bit that way once :-(

You may know all this, and have a reason not to set up a controlled shutdown,
but I just thought I'd try and prevent a recurrance of your problem.

--
beww
beww at beww.org