[mythtv-users] Cannot get the backend to run

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri May 22 19:44:14 UTC 2009

Hi Greg

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 12:27 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
>> What am I missing to get this backend to run?
>
> The mysql.txt file. If you do a gossamer-threads search on this, you
> will probably find it.
>
> The problem is that your frontend cannot find the mysql.txt file, which
> tells it the information it needs to connect and log in to the database.

I'm not actually trying to run the frontend. Right now the frontend
will NOT work because mythtvbackend itself isn't running.

To me, the message seem to indicate that mythbackend tryies to start
and then dies because it cannot access the mythconverg database at
mythtv at macmini, which is what I see from the command line also.

Unless you are suggesting that my user account on the server, where
I'm trying to run mythtv-setup, either needs to have a mysql.txt file
before I ever run mythtv-setup.

Thanks,
Mark