[mythtv-users] Two separate Master servers?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri May 22 00:48:31 UTC 2009

Is it possible to run two, separate master backend servers,
essentially two MythTV networks and access them both from the same
frontend Linux machine? I'm trying to bring up a new master server -
not a slave backend. The old server is analog only and the new server
will be digital only with the HDHR. If and when the new server works
well enough then over the next few weeks I'll take down the old server
and be done with. I'd like the new server to act like nothing else it
out there and just do its job.

My first problem is that in my user account there is a
.mythtv/mysql.txt file that points at a specific IP address. I'm
trying to run mythtv-setup on the new server but I go to the old
server's address. If I change the mysql.txt file then the frontend I
currently have won't access the old server.

Is it possible to give both the mythtv-setup and mythfrontend IP
Addresses from the command line? Is there some way to make this work
without constantly having to change the mysel.txt file?

The new server has X on it but it doesn't currently have a Window
manager so I cannot run mythtv-setup on that machine directly.

Thanks,
MArk