[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Thu May 21 23:46:17 UTC 2009

While it is a non-sequitur to the current discussion on this thread, I
thought I would convey something that I have observed. Maybe it will be
useful so some that are reading this thread.

After updating the kernel from 2.6.26.x to 2.6.29.x, I noticed
occasional long delays with my MCE remote (which connects via USB and
uses the LIRC mceusb2 driver). These delays occurred (almost)
exclusively after the system had been idle for some time.

Strangely, after switching the 2.6.29.x kernel configuration from
CONFIG_NO_HZ=y and CONFIG_HZ_1000=y to CONFIG_NO_HZ=n and
CONFIG_HZ_300=y, I have not had any problems with long delays. I have no
idea whether or not this is a post hoc fallacy, but I though that I
would point it out.