[mythtv-users] e geforce fx 5700

Thomas Epperson thomas.epperson at gmail.com
Thu May 21 06:23:01 UTC 2009

I have seen many thread about using the geforce fx 5700 for its TV
output. However, that is not what I am asking about here.

I have a version of the 5700 that has a tv and fm tuner on it. It has
evga.com labeled on it. The part number is 128-a8-n331-bx.
According to the documents I have gathered, it uses the phillips
saa7133hl chip for video capture in/out.
It also has a dongle that allows for component output, s-video output,
rca input, s-video input.
I am running 64 bit version of ubuntu 9.04. I have also tried the ATI
tv wonder VE, but I think I read that mythtv does not support this.
(And for all I know it probably doesn't work for 64 bit either.)