[mythtv-users] Graphical launcher plugin

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue May 19 03:01:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 12:43 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a graphical launcher for some programs.  The idea is
> that the user would get a gallery of thumbnails, click on one, and the
> program would launchm much the same way that the gallery view launches
> movies in myth.  That way I could launch arbitrary programs within myth.
>
> I originally thought something like xdialog might have a thumbnail launcher,
> but no joy.  I have not found anything that would do that.
>
> Is anyone aware of anything like that for myth?

Not quite, but the menuing system could do what you want (although it
would be text based not icon based)

Simply insert in the menu a link to the program you want, like this example:

<button>
<type>SLIM_CLIENT</type>
<text>Slim Client</text>
<action>EXEC konsole -e /home/mythtv/slimp3slave -l -s
storage</action>
</button>

I guess there is a system for associating a graphic with each menu
entry too, but I have not investigated that.