[mythtv-users] GeForce 8400 still recommended for VDPAU?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon May 18 23:20:16 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/5/19 Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com>:
> I'm curious as well; I'd be surprised if the 9500GT were
> stutter-immune in this case, though, because the stuttering occurs
> even on SD resolutions. Stuttering occurs (if I am correct) because
> the VDPAU hardware doesn't handle the rendering of the OSD (including
> caption text); it is overlaid on the VDPAU-decoded and -rendered
> video.

My 9400GT doesn't stutter with OSD or subtitle, no matter the resolution.
That's using either a discrete 9400GT card, or a 9400 integrated GPU

Forgot to mention another card , if you can still find it that works
great : the 8600GT fanless, either with 256MB or 512MB.
I get Advanced 2X working with any content with those cards.

Jean-Yves