[mythtv-users] GeForce 8400 still recommended for VDPAU?

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Mon May 18 12:07:49 UTC 2009

> I'm hoping to solve a couple problems with this card... when I'm
> watching HD content sometimes I get a video stutter. Also, CBS content
> doesn't seem to wanna play in myth's builtin player using XvMC (which I
> need 'cause my processor can't keep up with full HD decoding).

I have the same problem with CBS, XvMC fails, mythtv then falls back
to opengl playback, which crashes my frontend.
I've found that doing an mpeg2 lossless transcode fixes the problem.
Just hit info on the episode in Watch Recordings then Job Options,
Start Transcoding and autodetect.
At least that fixes the problem on mine.