[mythtv-users] New release of scte65scan (mainly for Comcast users)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun May 17 14:37:05 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 6:58 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Dennis Lou <dlou99 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> I decided to host the project at sourceforge.  Web page is http://scte65scan.sourceforge.net
>>
>> In case you're just tuning in, this will help make your SchedulesDirect or other guide data lineup match with your digital clearQAM layout. (i.e. channel 35 in SchedulesDirect is FOODTV which is mplexid=84/serviceid=5 in MythTV and 84.5 on your digital capable TV)
>>
>> From the changelog (0.2):
>>  Compiles under/for Windows
>>  Added HDHomerun support (no idea if working; I don't have one)
>>  Added PSIP scan
>>  Added input file mode (including stdin)
>>  Myth SQL tested working
>>  Name output now default
>>  Cleaned up output layout
>>  Added GPL license
>>
>> Short attention span instructions are:
>> 1. Go to Comcast office.  Get Pace DC50X DTA (they're free).  Punch up diagnostic page.  Write down VCT_ID.  Do what you want with DTA b/c you don't need it any more.
>> http://picasaweb.google.com/virgegx/ComcastDTAUnboxing#5276142959144255586
>>
>> 2. ./scte65scan -f3 -V your_VCT_ID us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 > myth-vct.sql
>>
>> 3. mysql mythconverg < myth-vct.sql
>>
>> -Dennis
>
> Dennis,
>   I'm on this item this morning WRT the HDHR as soon as the wife
> wakes up and I can get the the VCT_ID in the bedroom.
>
>   No matter what comes out of this from all us HDHR users out here
> having a terrible time with the switch I appreciate your efforts.
>
>   I'm curious as to the need for the VCT_ID. Is it that Comcast only
> transmits this info to their own known good IDs or something like
> that?
>
>   Also, the Myth.org HDHR setup suggests scanning for QAM64 also. Is
> that necessary and is it even supported with scte65scan?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Dennis,
   OK, I got the VCT_ID but am having some problems finding the HDHR.
How does the program understand the network location of this device?
Should I be giving it the IP address? The ID on the bottom of the
HDHR?

   I'm making the assumption that I can run scte65scan from any Linux
box on my network, but it's complaining about not finding dvb devices:

mark at lightning ~/scte65scan/scte65scan-0.2 $ ./scte65scan -f0 -V 0xBC2
us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256
/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0: No such file or directory