[mythtv-users] OT: Burning cd/dvd = massive system lag/HD read light solid, etc.

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Sat May 16 23:28:14 UTC 2009

I use k3b for burning (tried Brasero many times, communicated with the
author even, couldn't solve it hanging and leaving coasters) and discs burn
fine, however when I begin the burn process my HD read light on the case
goes solid and my whole system freezes for a good 30 seconds, then she burns
and maybe once or twice during the burning process the system freezes for
about 10-15 seconds. I am wary of doing an ionice to k3b in case that may
cause buffer underruns or something. Much appreciate any suggestions,
thanks.

Thanks
Bob