[mythtv-users] Advice on buying DVB-C card with CI support

Espen A Fossen espenaf at junta.no
Fri May 15 08:29:08 UTC 2009

Hi

I am looking at buying an software decoding PCI based DVB-C card for
running with mythtv, and then I mean something that has "working"
CI-support under linux. I have been looking a lot at
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-C_PCI_Cards to try to figure
out what to buy, but there always seems to be an issue with either the
CI-support or running under mythtv.

So is there anyone running with an DVB-C card and  working CI that knows
from experience that it's working more or less flawlessly under mythtv
0.21+?

My best options seems to be the KNC1 TV-Station or the Satelco
EasyWatch, but does anyone have experience with running these with an
betacrypt 2 cam and  HDTV channels?

Appreciate any advise before I start spending.

Espen