[mythtv-users] 9xxx series motherboards/VDPAU

Steve Curtis scurtis at fixation.net
Thu May 14 21:56:00 UTC 2009

2009/5/14 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>

> Hi
>
> I use this one:
> Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H
>
> Everything works out of the box with Ubuntu 8.10 but sounds over HDMI.
> With 9.04 everything works straight away.

Thanks all for the feedback on working boards..

I've just ordered that Gigabyte board and an Intel E5200 to solve my
unstable front end.  I can then put the other hardware into a more prolonged
test (thanks for the tips Ian - I'm going to work through those) and move
that kit into another room once I've worked out whats wrong.

I was tempted to wait for the ION boards, but thought that was a bit too
bleeding edge when I'm after stability!

I'll post my results...

Thanks all,
Steve.