[mythtv-users] Charter moving around QAM channels

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu May 14 20:29:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 11:47 AM,  <stefan_jones at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hillsboro, Oregon. The entire Comcast footprint here is going digital. The
> analog channels went away on 4/29. For a few weeks my Myth system was
> happily recording from the digital channels. Then poof.
>
> Best case: This move is a more or less final thing, to make room for HD
> channels.
>
> Worst case: The channels will keep moving. I could handle once a month, but
> weekly or daily, forget it.

I cannot imagine what the technical answer is right now but the Gods
Of Myth need to figure out how to automate this.

I see this as the next major issue that will effect everyone going
forward. I suspect there are lots of Myth users, sitting quietly out
there, using a bit of analog recording, and maybe not even reading
this list, that are going to have a hard, hard time with this when
forced.

My thanks to people on this list, most notably Brad Fuller, for
getting me to the point where I've managed to make a few automated
recordings with my HDHR. However I still only have just a few channels
mapped.

This is WAY too difficult!

Cheers,
Mark