[mythtv-users] Help Setting up serial IR blaster for Comcast/Pace DC50X

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu May 14 10:29:36 UTC 2009

Brad Fuller wrote:

> I've now got the irsend NOT reporting errors. I found that you need
> the USE flag "transmitter" for emerging lirc in gentoo.
> But no flash from the transmitter.

If you're trying to eyeball the flashes you might not see anything. Two ways to
get round this: (i) add a low power LED in parallel to your transmitter diode,
so you can see it or (ii) use a digital camera or webcam, these usually have
response far enough into the infra red to pick up the flashes. (ii) worked a
treat for me.

--

Mike Perkins