[mythtv-users] Required performance for using the flash streaming feature of mythweb

Hasse Hagen Johansen hhj-mythtv at musikcheck.dk
Wed May 13 09:27:57 UTC 2009

Hi

I am considering buying one of those Zotac Nvidia ion platform boards
when they are available, but I have some questions about the
requirements for some mythtv features.

I would like to get a dvb-c tuner(s) in it. I guess the mpeg stream from
the dvb is somehow just copied directly to disk so I guess that
wouldn't be a problem. I also think that I should be able to decode at
least 1080i with vdpau enabled.

But how about the flash streaming feature of mythweb? Would a dualcore
atom processor be able to keep up to transcode video to flash
on-the-fly. Would mythweb still reencode if the dvb-stream is h.264
encoded(newer flashplayers is able to decode that by themselves)?

Regards
Hasse H. Johansen