[mythtv-users] Mythweb not the same interface externally

Carl-Magnus Björkell carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi
Tue May 12 16:30:53 UTC 2009

John Krause wrote:

> When I am connected to Mythweb on my internal network I see the correct
> interface. When I connect from outside my network I only get a text
> interface.
>

> The only difference between attaching internally vs externally is the
> external connection is secure and prompts for a user name and password.
>

> I am thinking this either is an apache issue or I need to open up some
> port on my router other then 80.

Well, logically speaking, if you still see _something_ when accessing
the site from an external location, you shouldn't need a new port open.
However, as a side note, https uses port 443.

I have the exact same setup, only I can access the site via both http
and https from either location. For reference: This is the portion from
my httpd.conf that sets up mythweb access:

<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb">
    AllowOverride All
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AuthType Basic