[mythtv-users] Help Setting up serial IR blaster for Comcast/Pace DC50X

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Tue May 12 14:22:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 4:21 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>wrote:

> I think lirc_sir is the driver for particular pins on the motherboard using
> for FIR or CIR, rather than the serial connector on the back panel.
>
> lirc_serial should already be in your lirc package, try adjusting your
> configuration.

Thanks. It's not in the emerge that I did. I followed the gentoo wiki and
added:
LIRC_DEVICES="serial sir"
to make.conf.
I ended up with these modules;
lirc_dev.ko  lirc_i2c.ko  lirc_sir.ko  svgalib_helper.ko

I'll remove the "sir" and re-emerge

--
Brad Fuller