[mythtv-users] Does MythWeb provide any way to watch recordings?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Mon May 11 19:11:53 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>   There seem to be buttons in MythWeb, which I set up for the first
> time yesterday, to watch recordings. However when I click on them I
> get message that I'm not configured - I think on the backend - to use
> them. Typical error when I click on ASX Stream looks like this:
>
> Internal Server Error

> unable to complete your request
>
>   When I started searching around for some instructions on how to
> watch a recording in my browser, sort of like Hulu, etc., I seem to
> run across a number of things saying it's either built in or will be
> obsoleted, etc., or I start finding things like MythStreamTV which
> I've never heard about before.
>
> http://mythstreamtv.sourceforge.net/
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Stream_mythtv_recordings_from_mythweb_using_flash_video
>
>   If there's one good location for me to follow instructions for
> setting this up with 0.21 I'd really like to find it. I'd like to
> watch in Windows like I do with MythTV Player, if possible. No special
> transcoding is required to do that.
>
>   If MythWeb doesn't do this right now then that's fine. At least I'd
> save the time of messing with it.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mark

I'm not good enough to tell you why yours isn't working, but I can tell you
that
 yes, asx streaming and direct download work for me in trunk and always
worked in .21. I think it uses Samba to connect to the file (at least on my
Windows box), so perhaps that needs to be set up on your end. But I'm just
guessing - There are others far more knowledgeable that can hopefully chime
in.

BTW, I even had Flash streaming working at one point, although it's a few
extra steps to enable and is 'experimental' AFAIK.