[mythtv-users] Automatically send SD or HD to HDPVR

Michael Craven mcraven at zone4solutions.com
Sat May 9 18:20:27 UTC 2009

I'm not sure if this is of interest to anybody but I wrote a simple C app this week that polls the HDPVR and returns a vaule depending on whether the external tuner is outputting and SD (480) or HD (720) format signal. I then integrated this in my channel change script to have myth automatically set the external tuner output to match the format of the scheduled show. (ie no point in capturing HD for and SD program)

If this might help anybody, I'd be happy to share and give something back to the community.

Cheers....